Monday, July 21, 2008
LAAAAKKE POOOOWWWWELLLLLLLLL
I have a friend, C, who has been wanting to take me to Lake Powell for the longest time. She and her family have a houseboat and all manner of fun toys and she knew I'd love it, but was having a hard time convincing me that it would be fun to spend any amount of time around children and water. I kept telling her that Nate was too young and I'd never be able to relax. With that excuse I've dodged that bullet for two summers. Apparently, though, I've been a little mopey (oops, sorry, didn't mean to be), so C and my other friend J decided I needed a retreat. They planned a trip to Lake Powell and said, "Gail, we'll be at the Lake on these days. Clear your schedule." So many excuses not to go, but in the end, I was so grateful for their thoughtfulness, that we had to go. I am so glad we did.
I have never been to Lake Powell. If you have never been, it's magnificent. There are such stark contrasts between the rock and the water. I have never considered southwest decorating in my taste, but after seeing it this weekend, I might have to.
Anyway, we tried to be helpful and work hard because we felt guilty not having been given assignments. R&C had so much patience with our 5 kids and J's 5 kids. You couldn't have asked for a better time. Thanks, guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Looks like fun! Glad you had a good time.
Hey! I know who C & J are? I have known them since I was just a little girl. That's who we went to Lake Powell with like 15 years ago! How Funny!
Post a Comment