Throughout this campaign I've been sort of flummoxed. I haven't been a huge fan of McCain or Now President-elect Obama. I am struck with the historic nature of President Obama's election. My feelings about him have nothing to do with his race. My concerns have been that when I'm done listening to him I feel that he has some valid arguments, I even feel that he "Understands my plight" (the plight of everyman)but I am NEVER clear what he's going to do about it. He is soooo articulate, sooooo intelligent. But I STILL DON'T KNOW WHO HE IS. I worry that he won't protect the constitutional freedoms we have fought so long to preserve. I worry that he doesn't realize that Small Business Owners are not exactly "Corporate America" but he acts as if they were. I worry that he will not uphold the sanctity of life and the family that I consider of paramount importance. I have long struggled with the Republican stance on education so there I have a tendency to agree with him. He's just so much of an unknown and that makes me a tad nervous.
My fervent hope is that the mantle of the office of President of the United States will impress upon President Obama a need for restraint in "REFORMING" health care and Taxes and a need for bipartisanship. My fervent prayer is that our president who received 52% of the vote of the American people will not forget the OTHER 46% of us. The president is the president of ALL the people. Not just the 52% who voted for him. I hope he remembers that.
2 comments:
Amen!!!!
Wow, you really have changed your views since college...but I have confidence that our new president will be mindful of the plights of all Americans, not just those who voted for him. He's inheriting a lot of problems, but give him a chance...
Post a Comment