I just wanted to take a second to testify to everybody that finding our families and engaging in genealogy is so important that when we take even one step in the direction of seeking out our families, Heavenly Father blesses us. I have two specific examples, one extremely recent, one not so.
I have been very interested in following certain genealogical lines of my father, but at one point became very discouraged and quit-- for about 3 years. One of the things I wanted was a copy of a very old book containing much of this genealogy, but I wasn't able to find one in a format I could access. Short of a trip to Salt Lake, I'd never see this book except on microfiche. Anyway, Paul explained to me that the reason I had become so frustrated was a simple matter of data entry that was easily correctable. So yesterday I corrected some of these entries and do you know what happened TODAY? While researching Baby bouncy seats, my cursor accidentally scrolled and clicked over something (I really have no idea what happened) and without ever doing a search, The Annals of the Sinnott, etc. families came up as a free download in Google. I now have the book I needed through no thought of my own, because I know Heavenly Father wants me to have it and was waiting for me to express a desire to do this work. What an amazing blessing.
One other experience I have shared with many is the time that I went on to a genealogy forum for the first time ever and somebody had recovered an old photo of my great grandmother and was offering it free to family. I tried to post, but couldn't (but thought I did) and heard nothing back. 3 months later I logged back on and checked the same forum. In the interim between these logins, the finder of the picture and a genealogy enthusiast from Ireland had begun a conversation that included much information I did not possess regarding birthplaces, family affiliations and dates that I needed. I did finally receive the picture and the information, too.
I can't chalk this stuff up to chance. The Lord has a work for me to do and I need to do it. The prophet Isaiah promised that the hearts of the children would be turned to the fathers. The spirit of Elijah is alive and well in this house.
2 comments:
Gail,
A testament to your faith.
Mom
I love that! My mom has a lot of experiences like that, she has been working on her side.. my grandparents converted to the church when my mom was eight. So, she has worked to get her family done, and now I get the chance to help by doing their temple work! It's an amazing thing.
Post a Comment