Get ready: here are the excuses for NUMB (Not updating my Blog).
1. Relief Society-- Meetings every week, tons of phone calls, soothing bruised egos, and sad hearts and really getting to know our ward-- All in a days work.
ALSO: have not been released from activity days (2x per month) and doing that too.
2. Baseball-- 2-3 Hours per game. 2 times a week. It would not be an exaggeration to say that I wouldn't be terribly upset if I never saw another baseball again. But I will, so why bother saying that. . .
3. Running/Training: I joined my gym's biggest Loser contest because it was a phenomenal deal on personal training (18 one-hour sessions for $200-- I think a 75% savings). I train three days a week and run 3-5 times a week-- Sometimes on the same day. While I am feeling very hard core, and getting a very hard core :), I'm a little tired. On a great note, I am down 8-9 pounds (depending on the time of day). Not necessarily just from exercising, though. To quote my trainer:
"I can't out-train a Cruddy (not her words) diet. If you don't change the way you'll eat you'll just be sore and still fat."
We were speaking generally about the principle of diet v. exercise because we had been reading that 80% of fitness goals are related to proper diet, not exercise. Of course I have used this research to justify missing workouts-- I'm resourceful that way. This ends this week, though, as does baseball, and school, etc. So I'm glad for all that, but of course I've still got to deal with children. THIS IS THE YEAR WE UTILIZE SUMMER VACATION TO WORK AND PLAY HARD-- I always say this. But. I. Mean. It. This. Time. OOPs. Digressed.
4. PTA: After successfully dodging the PTA bullet all year (new baby excuses, etc) I'm in charge of the last day carnival, working on Next year's reading program, and HELPING with stuff that needs to be done. I actually like it. Weird.
5. PACKING, UNPACKING, PACKING, UNPACKING. Right this very minute I should be packing my food, boat, etc. to get ready to go to Lake Powell for the Second time. The first time we took Robert's Parents to Rainbow bridge. Today we're taking Robert's Staff to Rainbow Bridge. The man loves his boat, what can I say. This time, however, we're going without children which creates many opportunities for MommyPanic. That dread disease that no matter what (if they're with you or not) you can't stop worrying that they're OK. My mother-in-law will be watching them and the girls will be there all day tomorrow, but we'll see how tonight goes with Matt as au pair at Grandma's. Can you say Steep stairs. EEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK.
6. Photography and Digital scrapbooking, and all of its accoutrements. Rob said to me the other day: Think of how much you'd get done if you spent the time you spend on facebook on doing family slide shows and other great things. SO I have been learning Photoshop, playing with my camera and trying to be more crafty generally. All while trying to clean house. Yeah Right.
7. Reading: Just finished Percy Jackson series-- liked it for the great Mythology contexts, details, etc. Now on Fablehaven. Not hating it, but not getting through it very fast. Also reading the American Plague about Yellow Fever. Pretty good read, but hard to read in small chunks which is all I got.
OKAY, better go. I'll check in when we get back.
2 comments:
Wow, you are definitely a busy bee, Gail! Me too, but for different reasons. This morning I am determined to finally update my blog for the first time in almost 4 months and to visit all of my friends' blogs to see what they have been up to. The running theme for everyone seems to be...BUSY! But, if you can spare some time on August 7th...that would be great. :-)
good for you on the running and loosing nine pounds! :) Oh, and if you are starting on digital scrapbooking, check out shappyprincess.com, some great free downloads!
Post a Comment