I haven't really felt like blogging or FB'ing these last few days. I read the news that my friend from Alaska (a YW leader from many years ago) lost her daughter in a brutal stabbing. This news is beyond horrible and I have been struck by how trivial, how meaningless some of my blogging, FB'ing, etc. really is. I have nothing profound to say-- certainly nothing that will make anything better.
I am heartsick for this family-- very good people-- and I want to DO something, but can't. I just think about how devastating and long-affecting this will be. So much more than a tragic car accident or illness. Their suffering and hopefully eventual justice will be a public spectacle and none of it will bring their sweet daughter back. And my little problems, my whining, my opinion of Stephanie Meyer-- All of it is so beyond inconsequential.
I know that this family is strong and grounded in their testimony of the gospel. I pray that it will comfort them in the months and years to come.
2 comments:
Oh Gail, I'll pray for you and for the family, that you will know peace.
What a sad, sad occurrence. Poor family. News like that really reminds you about what is most important.
Post a Comment