We don't have cable TV, but we have immeasurable content through the following:
Which basically means there is content available ALL the time. Which means there's never Nothing on. Which means IT'S. ALWAYS. ON. Truly, WE. ARE. ADDICTED.
Hi, My name is Gail and I am an addict. I am addicted to escape through story and plot, and music, and visual stimulation. I admit it. And in close examination of my personality I have realized that I am not a moderator, but an abstainer. Which means, basically, that when changing habits, etc. It is better for me to stay away from it altogether then try to eat little bits here and there. No chocolate for a month-- no problem. Only one piece of chocolate a day-- never gonna happen. You can read more about this personality trait here.
Anyhoo, we now have this little baby
to keep us busy on hot summer days and we have always had these
and these
We won't be entirely free. We will still pay for the services, but remove the boxes except for on Fridays (our compromise). You know who's going to have the hardest time with this, right?
I guess we just have to hope that the odds will be ever in our favor! ;)




1 comment:
I admire your abstaining plan! I imagine that TV is a great respite for a tired mother of 6, either for yourself or to park the kids in front of. No judgement, really! I have found myself doing it when babysitting my nephew.
I never had cable until moving to WA, because it is a necessity, but then we got a 47" TV for our large family room, and then upgraded to HDTV, plus we have Netflix and Amazon streaming too. Not to mention an enormous DVD/Blu-ray collection.
And of course, the computer can be its own vice.
I've had many talks with myself about time management when it comes to these "time stealers." Sometimes I'm more successful than others, but especially with the computer, it is easy to tell yourself that you're doing something important when you really aren't. My challenge is the rainy weather up here and the fact that I'm alone in the house for hours while Eric's on 12-hour shifts.
I applaud your efforts! Your pool is beautiful, and hopefully the kidlets will be on board with the new schedule. Best of luck!
Post a Comment