Thursday, August 28, 2008

NOTHING TO SAY

OK, nothing of any import is going on, but at the risk of getting in trouble for NUMB (that's Not Updating My Blog)I thought I'd better write something so you'd know I hadn't disappeared off the face of the earth. In honor of nothing really to say, I could give you the main points of my lesson on the title of liberty, or tell you about Back To School Night, or how my book fair's been pushed up 3 months or how Stake Standards night went or how I'm running 18 miles on Saturday, or how My throat's been hurting the past few days and I have consequently been watching an inordinate number of decorating shows (cannot move off the couch) or how we are knee-deep in pre-algebraic concepts and the archaic random sampling some teachers call grading, or how I have to hem the costumes of Secret Garden Soldiers (Nightmare) or cannot conquer Mt. Washmore for the LIFE OF ME.

It reminds me of that time in 9th grade when all my artsy theatrical friends aced the playwriting assignment by doing numerous vignettes of people doing mundane tasks, but had no plot or flow or cohesiveness and called it "nothing" and then showed another whole set of people doing nothing and called it "something".... OH NO!!!!!!! My life is an exercise in existentialism.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow. That was interesting!

Carol Sapp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

It sounds like you're getting prepped for our run on Saturday! :) Saving all your energy:)