Since long before I had Ben I have been wanting to Run. I get on the treadmill and my mind wants to run. RUN RUN RUN. Instead of the exhilaration I know comes from running when I do this, I experience a lot of pain and discomfort. WAAAAHHH!!!. But, now I am not pregnant and can run. . . NOT. Apparently my joints are not all back in alignment. Yesterday, I went for a walk during which I planned to intersperse jogging moments, thereby buoying my spirits, reminding me of how much I liked to run, burning calories along the way. AuContraire mon frere. At the first jog my pelvic floor started screaming and I knew, it was still too soon. I've got to give it two more weeks until I see my Dr. and get the go ahead. So, yesterday's walk was just a walk. Five miles of walk.
SOME RANDOM OBSERVATIONS ABOUT EXERCISE AFTER TAKING A SABBATICAL FROM IT:
Take water
5 miles is a long way. Even longer when you've left the baby and forgotten your phone.
Have to re-form those callouses-- which start out as blisters
Upper back muscles-- forgot I had them.
If your IPod isn't charged up, it will die-- allowing much needed time for reflection and renewal.
Leave early-- even 8:30 is too late in the So. Utah August sun
1 comment:
It takes three months before your joints and hips go back to where they are suppose to. I have actually heard of more injuries occuring to women after having babies. It is not just you. It takes time. Hang in there!
Post a Comment