Yesterday, after many weeks of boring, stay-home-with-the-baby monotony, the cabin fever got to us and we just had to get outta dodge. So we packed everybody up, even the peanut, and headed up to one of our favorite summer hangout spots-- Pine Valley Recreation Area. We love it there because we can play in the creek and it's cooler than St. George and we always have a great time. Additionally, Rob dusted off his GPS (never used birthday present from like 2 years ago) and we did our first geocache. Ben liked it to, but next time we go I've got to have a front carrier or something like it because Strollers don't go there and it's not terribly convenient to carry a baby in our arms (See Rob in the woods)



Anyway, this is the kids attempting a Geocache Commencement pose a la Charlie's Angels. On the way home it rained-- a rare treat in So. U. Summers. And, the piece de Resistance --instead of movie night we watched Start Trek, the Next Generation on DVR. For those uninitiated in the audience, this is the best of the 4-5 Star Trek Spinoffs. The shows were always clean, usually had a moral, and the character development was amazing. I think it is one of the greatest science fiction television series of all time (or maybe I'm just a nerd). In any event, I thought I'd let my kids watch it, honestly expecting that Amy and Katie would hate it, but they loved it. Love that.
1 comment:
Looks like a fun time! The baby is precious.
Post a Comment