
Hey, It's 5:15 and I am ready to go running, but my partners are not here. That is so okay. I will happily go back to bed. Today I am babysitting my niece (I hope she likes me) and cleaning house. I'll need to be on my toes, though, cause I'm not used to having a toddler around.
If you watch a toddler at your house, she'll probably want a cookie.
If you give a kid a cookie, she'll probably want some milk to go with it.
Drinking the milk will remind her of her Kitty Ludwig, so you'll have to put some milk out for the kitties.
Going outside to give the milk to the kitties will remind the kid how much she likes to swing so you'll have to spend an hour swinging on the swings.
Swinging so close to the slide will remind her how much she loves to feel the rush of the yellow under her and the wind in her face, so you'll have to go down the slide a couple hundred times.
Using the slide will remind her of the slip n slide you did last summer so you'll have to drag out the slip n slide. . . . . etc. etc.
UNTIL YOU COLLAPSE IN EXHAUSTION OR AMY COMES HOME TO BABYSIT-- WHICHEVER COMES FIRST :)
my apologies to Laura Numeroff for slaughtering her literary style.
No comments:
Post a Comment