I just saw on facebook photos of my friend's crafts. She has one little girl. I remember having one little girl-- albeit not for very long. I remember savoring the time I had to craft. I remember not running 25 places at once. Some times I long for that time again-- even though I also remember that being an even harder time.
Even though it's summer vacation I am busier than ever. I run from this class to that lesson to this responsibility to that and give so little to every one. I just watched the cake boss and I would have to say my life is just dirty-iced. A thin layer to keep the crumbs in, but no artistry or beauty. Just survival from crisis to crisis.
I desire more holiness and beauty, but throw those away for clean counters and folded laundry. Which might be, in their own way, artistry and beauty. I know so many moms who love summer vacation. That would not be me.
As we speak I have turned my back to write this post for the better part of 2 minutes. In that time Bentley has taken a brand new package of wipes and spread every last one of them about the room in the most amazing adornment.
I want to be frustrated, but then I see him naked except for a diaper (a blowout just minutes ago-- not a day-long experience) chatting with the kids downstairs in his way and it's all good. Mostly.
2 comments:
I feel your pain. The only time crafting gets done around these parts is in the night when all the girlies are kaput. I am starting to give up on my dreams of a beautiful home and cute stuff.
Sandy, you already have a beautiful home and cute stuff. You're are a crafter extraordinaire. I, however, am simply a craft supply purchaser.
Post a Comment