You should check out the "What Stage Are You In" Post from the Power of moms. It breaks down child-rearing/School Volunteering stages into several categories. This article is right on the money. I am definitely in an in-between stage. When I had many young children at home I volunteered a lot more at the school than I do now. Now they are spread out at 4 different schools AND I have a challenging toddler at home. I find myself doing much less volunteering than I ever have and only have 1 baby at home instead of three. I do so little because the idea of taking Ben anywhere where he might need to stay quiet for a few minutes is repugnant. His speech delays necessitate a lot of screaming and repeated phrasing, so I can't take him anywhere. It makes a convenient excuse to say no, but part of me feels bad. I LIKE helping out. I LIKE being at the school. I miss knowing all the moms and everything that's going on.
BUT, I wouldn't want to go back.
Yesterday I babysat two little angel girls ages 3 and 1 1/2. They were angels and I was about to tear my hair out from "Help me" and "Down" and a million other changes. I don't know HOW I ever did that.




No comments:
Post a Comment