Wednesday, August 03, 2011

The Time Value of . . . Time!

I am sitting at my desk covered in dried mud. On Saturday my Father in Law brought over his backhoe to dig out the area for a retaining wall that needs to be completed for our pool construction to begin. Let me say at the outset that I am so thrilled and grateful for his help. He is wonderful. In doing so, however, as is so often the case with big projects, we hit a snafu.  We pulled out a water line-- the water line, in fact, that regulates all of my upstairs sprinklers. Did I mention it's August and eggs fry on the sidewalk here. No really. It's kind of hot.

ANyway, the grass is in SERIOUS danger of Dying so we have been trying for days to get this thing fixed, but we also have Tennis practice, piano lessons, swimming lessons-- so the job (mine now, ya know cause hubs is at work)gets done in the late afternoon in the hottest part of the day.

Each day I complete what I believe is the final portion. AND each day something else turns up wrong. Today, beyond frustrated with the mud and dirt and sweat and heat and after many calls to my sprinkler guy, I finally decided that there's a reason I went to law school-- Because I never would have made a great landscape engineer. I'm going to go shower and wash my hands of the ENTIRE mess all Pontius Pilate-like And hope it rains cause my sprinklers still don't work.
This is just a stock photo, but this is representative of the chaos and despair outside my home.
Meanwhile-- the house is trashed, the baby is walking around in a diaper outside all white trashy and I am Uber Frazzlemommy!  Mwahhhhahhhhahhh!
Moral of the Story:  Don't spend 12 hours doing yourself what you can pay someone else to do in 3. 
p.s. Sprinkler man will be by tomorrow after work (insurance sales) if he doesn't have the flu.  Score One for Passing the buck-- and a little bit of cash.  So worth it!

1 comment:

Ginger Farnsworth said...

I feel your pain and am sending you a (((HUG))), because after that you definately need one. Well, that and a huge glass of lemonade!