Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Katarina Ballerina




Katie has never taken a dance class. This has not prevented her from comandeering every leotard in the house. Each day after her requisite time in the public eye is complete she sheds every stitch of clothing for a swimsuit or leotard. Her especial favorite is an old dance costume of Amy's that is literally in shreds. Yesterday I bought her a new leotard for gymnastics. She wanted sparkly. Translation: sleeveless and sparkly-- something I avoid like the plague. So, no sparkly. But then, the great compromise appeared-- A really cute black leotard with rhinestoned, ruffled sleeves. After 10 minutes of negotiation and explanation about immodesty, I grabbed it-- full price tag and all. It was a happy day. It made up for the extra few dollars watching her strut around like a little peacock. She's asleep now. She's wearing it.

1 comment:

sandals said...

Katie is a spitting image of you, Gail (except for the blonde hair, blue eyes). She's beautiful!