So yesterday was the anniversary of my dad's passing. My mom, Robert and I went out to lunch. At this point I think the acuteness of the sad has waned but every now and then I see a person that makes me look twice because of the resemblance or hear a song that reminds me and I just well up inside. My friend talked to me last year and said, " we didn't know how sad we were until a year later, we're finally starting to come out of it." I kind of feel like that too. We've had a rough two years in our family, but we have also been so richly blessed in so many different ways.
I Love this picture of my dad. He let Katie put stickers all over his face. He was always doing stuff like that with the kids.
2 comments:
The first year was the hardest for me after my Grandma died. At Christmas, I got a card from my Grandma's sister. Her handwritting was exactly like my Grandma's and I thought it was from her. Just wishing she was still here. At least we have our memories.
Love you, Gail!
Post a Comment