Friday, January 16, 2009

Brenda's Visit


My cousin Brenda visited Saturday and Sunday. We had such a great time. Now that Adrienne is in college, I'm hoping we'll see a lot more family around here. It was a lot of fun because Brenda and Julie are the closest thing I ever had to big sisters and I remember spending an awful lot of time together, especially during the summers. The shared experience of my childhood is something I so rarely get-- so when I have "pseudosisters" around, I get a glimpse of what it might have been like to have some siblings. Family is used to the "I remember whens" don't often enter into conversations about me. This time they did and it was such a cool feeling.
-- I don't really have time to wax philosophical tonight as we are preparing (read scrambling) to attend the all-important and never-boring Pine Wood Derby. But Only Childness is definitely on my list of blog-worthy topics.
Thanks Brenda and Adrienne for making such a long trip to hang out with us.

2 comments:

likeschocolate said...

Gail, Hi! Hope you are doing well. I have awarded you a blog award. check out my blog for details.

Julie said...

Gail,
That is the nicest thing to say! I too remember long summer days with you, Nancy and Brenda. Dare I leave out Carl, Greg and Mike?? Never! What a bunch of wild Alaskan kids.