Wednesday, June 03, 2009

House/Pregnancy Update

At the risk of being too whiny, I'll take a minute to update everyone on the pregnancy, summer, house thing.

I have 42 days left. I cannot tell you how forward I am looking to the end of that time. I have generally swollen feet. Heartburn is a common friend-- usually linked to my favorite foods-- pasta & peanut butter. Sugary things nauseate me (but not enough to Pavlov me into not eating it.)Not sleeping much, but definitely visiting the restroom a couple of times a night. Gaining a little more weight than I'd like. Pretty fun, eh! But all worth it. I cannot wait to meet this kid. And hopefully we'll bring him home to a finished house which brings me to part II of this post.
THE HOUSE: The chaos. A year ago my friends told me-- Gail, you can't accurately gauge how well you're doing keeping house when you have, essentially, been living in an apartment for 3 years. (7 people, 3 bedrooms, 2 closets, sharing one tub/shower) Granted, the Kitchen is roomy and nice which has made things bearable. But now, only one of our 4 toilets is installed (the others have been removed to tile the floors). OUr stairs have been torn out. All our furnishings are stacked to the ceiling in the family room and garage, my bedroom doubles as office, bedroom, laundry staging area and dump station. The depth of the destruction is astronomical. Chaos, entropy, and dust are the new normal. I have no air conditioning in the basement because turning it on would suck up so much sawdust it would ruin the system. Strange men in my house ALL DAY. EVERY DAY!!! All right. Enough whining. THE GOOD NEWS: the tile is all but finished-- friday everything should be done. Same with the stairs. The granite will be installed monday. Then trim work, paint and flooring is all that's left. We have 30 days people (I need at least 12 to nest) Let's get 'er done.

No comments: