Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Inch by Inch . . .







Today I heard a very interesting quote that I thought was pertinent to so many situations
Inch by Inch, Life's a Cinch.
Yard by Yard, It's Really Hard.
In ways, it's pretty trite and cutesy, but in others, it's pretty wise. I always want to see the end. I spend lots of time hoping for something in the future and not enjoying the here and now. And sometimes when I look into the future-- because I don't know what it holds-- things seem dark or scary and very definitely hard. But if I really strive to enjoy the present, the moment, the journey-- I am easily contented and happy. Inch by inch. Moment by moment.
Below are some moments we had this Summer that were really great:

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Great pictures! I love the one of you an Rob ice skating and holding hands! It sure was wonderful having you at the wedding!