#1: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: This book makes me laugh out loud and cry the very next second. It is sweet and pure. Definitely my #1
#2: The Hunger Games: Wow! Very exciting, not-for-Youth YA Fiction that has you questioning if you could keep your values in life or death situations.#3: The Lightning Thief: Really book 1 is the best. The others-- not so much. But love the mythology context. I like Percy Jackson for the same reason I liked The Work and the Glory and Fishers of Men-- I learned so much contextually that it didn't matter that the writing or storyline were a little thin. And you've got to love it when the home teacher asks who Achilles is and the kidlets know the ENTIRE story.
#4 The Tipping Point: I think Malcolm Gladwell is amazing. Two of his books make my Top 10 this year (because they weren't a series) He can tell a story like no other and give you the most amazing understanding of how things really work. I know that Freakonomics was kind of the first in this "Economics as social understanding" genre. And I like Freakonomics, too, but I think The Tipping Point and Outliers are better. Blink-- not so much. Tipping point is about what makes THINGS/MOVEMENTS great
#6 Freakonomics
#9&10 Wonder of Girls and Wonder of Boys: A must have for every parent.



2 comments:
I absolutely LOVED the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society!! Fantastic book!!! LOVED IT!!!!!
Did I mention I liked that book, a LOT!! : )
I love it when other people post about what they are reading. I'm always up for a good book and can't wait to get me hands on the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - thanks Gail!
Post a Comment