Monday, July 11, 2011

YEARLY SUmmer VACATION RANT

I Hate summer vacation.  Despite NUMEROUS attempts to harness my workhorses into something productive I end up frustrated, irritated and mad at the whole lot of them. Add a Bentley to that and you've got a recipe for frazzlemommy.  I am not Type A-- I don't require a spotless house.  I just want it picked up, the floor neat, the table cleared and wiped and the chores often get done by noon.  But by noon thirty it's a mess again. And then they invite their friends over so I can't call them on the carpet when they've done their job inadequately which they almost always do EVEN THOUGH I have taught them the correct way to clean, pick up, every job in the house.  It's not unmanageable-- except they make it so.  I love the school year.  Except for Ben, it stays relatively neat for a good hour after it gets clean.  Not so in the middle of summer.  and Temperatures are not super conducive to kicking everyone outside.   Rant!!!!!!!!!! MOAN!!!!!!!! and my best helper's away for an entire week.  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

No comments: