1. How many miles did I run today? 20 2. How early did I have to wake up? 4:40
3. How many runners did the exact same thing today on the exact same course? At least 50
4. How many of them passed me? How many didn't.
5. Who cares how many of them passed me? Not me.
6. How long did it take me? Pretty long time.
7. How fast were our miles? about 12 min/mil.
8. Where did we run? Veyo to Worthen Park
9. Who did I run with? Amy B. and Kristie B. OF COURSE
10. Who rescued me at mile 16 with extra Vaseline? Robert, Matt, Katie and Nate
OK, now for the GOOD QUESTIONS!!!!!!
11. What do I listen to as I pound mile after mile after mile? Eye of the Tiger, Just Can't get enough, I've got the Power, Anything with a
decent beat.
decent beat.12. What does my mom think of my Running? I quote, "Now that you've done 20, you can quit this madness, right?"
13. What does Robert think of it? I quote, "I think you're so cool. I've never even thought of running that far."
13. What does Robert think of it? I quote, "I think you're so cool. I've never even thought of running that far."
14. How is my body holding up? Let's see, can't walk, stomach ache, Inflamed toe joints, slight ankle baubles, and a killer IT band issue when I bank left on a downhill.
15. How is my mind/soul holding up? I think I am so cool. I've never even thought of running that far.
16. What are my goals? Finish and have a great time doing it.
17. Am I nervous? TOTALLY
18. Am I excited? Not today. Ask me next week.
19. What do I do when my trip meter measures 19.1 miles and I want to write a 20 questions blog? I go home and run ONE EXTRA MILE on my treadmill so I can be legit.
20. What possesses me? This one has 20 answers of its own, but I guess the most important is that I've always been the kid picked last for anything on the playground, I've always had a little trouble breathing when exercising. I've never been an athlete. And I've never really cared. But I've started caring, lately, probably because being a stay at home mom is a lot of mindless, numbing, same ol same ol and running a marathon is, in my mind, kind of like law school-- a huge, unattainable goal in a challenging area-- a break in the monotony.
Additionally, Ever since my dad died I've thought about how important it is to make HUGE goals so I don't come to the end of my life and wish I had done more things or different things. I have friends who want to shave seconds off their time. For me, FINISHING a marathon is up there on the Top Ten List of the most difficult things ever. Totally outside the realm of possibility. Until now. And that feels pretty darn good.
2 comments:
I think your cool. Congratulations!!!!!
ALRIGHT GAIL!!!!
I'm so proud of you....I just have to say that my whole right side (IT BAND) from bum to knee is killing me! I think I will try to see a sports medicine dr. to try and fix me up a bit. By the way I'm such a stinker for not thinking to get vaseline for you.... sorry :( ...keep it up!
Post a Comment