Monday, September 22, 2008

HIGH SCHOOL TAG!!!!!


Your High School's Name-East Anchorage High School-- FYI, I'm EHS class of '89. My mom is EHS class of '63.
High School Colors- Light turquoisy blue and red.
Mascot-- Thunderbirds, a native inspired totemy thunderbird.
Did you date anyone from your school?- A date? What's a date? Oh Yeah!! I asked Paul C. out Senior year once. But I did have lots of fun hanging out with friends on Friday and Saturday.
What kind of car did you drive?- I didn't get my license till I was 18 and had graduated high school because Mom and Dad had angina every time I sat in the driver's seat. A plug for Driver's ed in the High School. Seriously!!
It's Friday night where are you?- Echo Sandals. Church dances or the H's watching movies, or at home reading
Were you considered a flirt?-Uh, No. Probably the farthest thing from it. I did have some drama friends that helped me be a teeny bit less inhibited, but NEVER a flirt.
Were you in band, orchestra, choir, or any other group?- Yearbook for two years. Then SWS Student Council.
Were you in any clubs?- I was in School Within a School. The whole thing was kind of like a club, I guess. I served on lots of committees there. I also did a couple of plays and speech/debate stuff, and I was in the Russian Club. And I served on the yearbook staff for two years. Looking back, I'm realizing I wasn't really "cool" Well, I knew it then, too. I guess the difference is, now, I don't really care. Maybe I did then, just a little, until I became a junior/senior. By then maturity had shown me the benefits of being myself.
Did you ever get suspended or expelled?- No.
Can you still sing the fight song?- Never could, but I know the BYU fight song.
Who were your favorite teachers?- Mrs. Raymond for Science and Math and Mrs. DuBeau for all things historical. These women opened my eyes to the world around me. And they loved me, too. Which I knew. Which made all the difference.
Where did you sit during lunch?- SWS Lounge.
Who did you go to Homecoming with?- Never went. Senior year I might have served refreshments.
Who did you go to Prom with?-Junior year I went with Jared N. We went to McDonalds and I don't remember what else. Senior Year, before I left to go to Russia for a month I asked my friends what they were doing for prom. They ALL said they would be boycotting. I was okay with this idea and left to Russia. I got back the week before prom and they informed me that they had changed their minds, we were all going to go together and I needed to hurry and get a date. Jeff L. heard I didn't have one and being the really nice person that he was called and asked if I wanted to go. Scramble for the dress, etc. but we had fun. I remember being with my friends, not really being with my date.
If you could go back and re-do high school would you?- Probably not. I'd do college again in a heartbeat, though and this time I'd do Study abroad.
What do you remember about Graduation?- I was kind of sad it was over, but really excited about the future.
Do you plan on going to your 10 year reunion, or if you already went what was it like?- I was 7 months pregnant and it was way too far away. My twentieth is coming up. Nope. won't be going.

No comments: