Monday, September 08, 2008

PRESCHOOL 101

Okay, so rule #1 in preschool is "child must be able to care for himself in the bathroom"

Despite NUMEROUS half-hearted attempts to Potty train Nathan, I have not accomplished this rather lofty but OH SO DESIRABLE goal. Instead, he goes when he's told but cannot, for the life of him, realize when he's about to have a BM (I hate that term, we just say "poop"). So I take him to the first day of preschool, I explain that we are in the midst of Potty training. Teacher says, That's OK, we'll just call you. We sat on teacher's teeny potty right before class and said a little prayer that He wouldn't go at school. Wrong Prayer. I decided not to go to the gym, just in case. So, not 45 minutes later I get a call that she thinks Nate Stinks. AAARGHH!!!!!

I head over there with a pull-up and wipes, but it was messier than that so we head home (luckily only across the street and two doors down) to change him. He finished the rest of the day with nary an incident. Why can't he be regular at 6 p.m.? Anyway, $100 bucks for ANYONE who can potty train my kid.

2 comments:

sandals said...

Sorry. I'm having issues myself with Coco. She will pee-pee but she's never pooped. I am leaning toward bribery. If she goes poop in the toilet, she can have a dum-dum sucker (it's her favorite). I'm just saying. . .bribery never hurt anyone.

Amy said...

Oh I'm so sorry...that is something I am NOT looking forward to when michael gets older!
I'm still so proud of you for your time on that run!Good Job!!!!