So, last night Nate popped up off the potty and popped me in the nose. It was very clearly broken. I've done this a few times and I know when it's broken. Luckily, it's not displaced so I don't need to go to the doc, but it hurts and gives me a slight headache for a couple of days and then will be stuffy for weeks if not months while it heals. For posterity, I am chronicling my broken noses.
1st and Worst: While 5 months pregnant and country dancing Rob and I were swirling around his parent's living room on Christmas break when his elbow connected with my nose displacing it. Apparently it looked pretty bad because Rob immediately called our friend who is an orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Anderson came over and said, yep, it's broken and called Dr. Marsden who opened his office despite the fact that it was Saturday on a holiday weekend and met with me to fix the nose. He stuck a long rod up my nose, pulled quickly to the left and realigned the nose. I was left with a huge bandage and two black eyes. When we went back to law school, Rob had to endure a lot of ribbing about beating me up.
2nd.::Amy jumped on my lap and popped me in the head. It wasn't displaced, but eventually I did have to get surgery to fix that one.
3rd. More country dancing
4th: Popped in the face with a baseball at super close range on the shuttle bus to the kite festival.
I know the feeling, I recognize the crack. I'm usually pretty protective when everyone is climbing around me cause I really have having this happen. Apparently not careful enough.
8 comments:
Poor Gail! I'm so sorry! Especially when you preggers--just one more thing, eh?
Oh my! I have never heard of anyone breaking their nose so often. It would seem like you are a professional hockey player or something. Hopefully, it will not hurt for too long.
I'm sorry it happened again. I hope you feel better soon. I do need to talk to you about Safety Town and if Amy is doing it again.
I cannot believe it! Gail, you are the queen of broken noses. I hope you feel better. Just because you have a broken nose, and you are pregnant, you know have permission to not cook for the rest of your pregnancy!!!
Hi Gail!
I would love to connect with you again (not your nose) When is your baby due? I agree with Julie you should not have to cook again! Don't you have one old enough to start yet? Allie(15) cooked for us for six months during her gourmet cooking phase, it was so nice! I was sad when she decided that she liked boys better :(
Ginger, I'd love to be an invited reader on your blog. My email address is gsjensen@beyondbb.com if you need that for an invitation. It's been cool getting your sisters' updates on facebook.
Maybe you should avoid country dancing! And little kids with hard elbows! Sorry your nose is broken again! I hope that heals quickly! I also agree that this new break is your time declare a chore free pregnancy! yeah! =)
Hmmm...do you still go country dancing? :)
Post a Comment