Sunday, January 17, 2010

Getting My Craft On

So, lately, I have been dying to get back into my sewing machine, beading, card-making-- anything. This week has been a banner week for that kind of stuff. I've made it a priority and, so, it's gotten done. I made a car seat cover and a cute minky/ribbon tag blankie thing (technical, huh). Then I made a minky blanket for my good friend who admired Bentley's. Then today, really just trying to be 1/10 as cool as Sandy, I mod-podged really cute paper onto a Large letter J. I have never mod-podged before. It's cool stuff. AND I have been reading. Lost Symbol-- liked it not so much. But I am enjoying the Hunger Games.

2 comments:

Angela said...

What kind of Car seat cover did you make? I have been trying to get the pattern for the car seat canopy, I don't know if any one has that pattern, But I would like to make me one.

Gail said...

Ang, I think Zeffie wanted to make you one, but was intimidated by your amazing seamstressing. She might still be doing it. If not, It's super easy-- two squares of fabric with appropriate decoration and two little tabs at the top with velcro and embellishment. I made it up after seeing one at Olive Garden and I saw another again yesterday the exact same.